Controls Systems Specialist CSS - Company Description:
Mindseeker is an consulting, strategy and solutions company focused on delivering quality services, best practices and highly skilled professionals. Mindseeker offers industry:leading Financial Services, Program Management, Enterprise Technology Consulting, Strategic Consulting, Healthcare Service Delivery and Financial Management.
The Controls Systems Specialist (CSS) will ensure that Safety comes first in all Facilities efforts. This position will provide proper training to the Facility Technicians on device troubleshooting and Preventive Maintenance. This position will also be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems, act as a liaison for internal and external resources, and be on call as needed. This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, be self:directed, and have the ability to multi:task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
The following roles and responsibilities are required for a successful CSS:
- Perform Allen Bradley (A and B) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Follow change management process and develop ad:hoc PLC ladder code change using Rockwell RSLogix family IDE's (5000 preferred.
- Familiarization with A and B PLC processers (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non:A and B control systems such as OPTO, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS would be a plus.
- Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings.
- Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering tp develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the facilities team.
- Be responsible for incident follow:up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Actively participate in the Control System SharePoint site development and weekly conference calls. Document control system and equipment configuration changes and keep the documentation updated on the SharePoint site.
- Actively participate in local or network level control projects and Kaizens. Up to 10 of travel may be required.
- 2+ years of control system working experience in Allen Bradley PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support.
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays).
- Position may be required to be on:call, including holidays and weekends.
- Experience with email and MS Excel
- Experience in Allen Bradley (A and B) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- 2+ years AutoCAD work experience on control layout design and schemetic.
- Up to 10 of regional travel is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A 2 year professional electrical training degree or a 4 year BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to multi:task and prioritize different projects and work load.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Self:motivated and customer:centric
We are an Equal Opportunity:Affirmative Action Employer : Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
- What should the candidates expect during your interview process (phone screens, loops, etc.)?
Face to Face interview with technical and leadership questions.
- What will the work schedule be for this position (ex: 8:5)?
7am:330pm and 330pm:12am Sun:Thursday and Tuesday:Saturday
- Please list your top required (must:have) skills for this position:
RS Logic 5000 and PLC knowledge
- What will be the day:to:day activities for this role?
Control specialist monitoring and repair if need be
- Is there any potential for extension and/or conversion to FTE (please clarify which applies)?
Yes there is a 90 chance for both
Jobs in Moreno Valley > Wholesale in Moreno Valley > Controls Systems Specialist CSS